FRIENDLY GIVING DAY 2019
You love the Friendly Music Community, and now it's time to share the joy! We're raising AWARENESS and FUNDS, and we're counting on YOU! What can you do to participate?
* Purchase tickets for our Tix of Choice raffle! (See baskets below. $5 will get you 6 tix of your choice!)
* Patronize our three fundraising GIVE BACK EVENTS and mention the Friendly School when you order! (See their ads below)
* Donate on our Facebook page, and while you're there, SHARE THE FUNDRAISER!
* Help us spread the word! We'll be posting on Facebook and Instagram throughout the week, and we would LOVE your liking, sharing, and creating your own buzz!
* Attend our TEEN SHOWCASE with some of the greatest young musicians in our community! $1.00 suggested donation will get ya a Friendly wristband to boot!
* Check out the Friendly School of Folk Music for yourself! On Sunday, 10/6, we'll bring you a FREE MULTI-AGE (0-7 years old) music class at 10am! Then at 3:00, some of our students will be showcased.
PLEASE PATRONIZE THESE ROCKSTAR RESTAURANTS WHO ARE HOSTING GIVE-BACK EVENTS FOR THE FRIENDLY SCHOOL OF FOLK MUSIC! EAT WELL, SUPPORT LOCAL, AND CELEBRATE YOUR FAVORITE NONPROFIT MUSIC SCHOOL! THANK YOU!
Our Tix of Choice event is LIVE! Choose as many baskets as you'd like, as many tickets as you'd like! A confirmation email will be sent for your purchase which goes directly toward the Friendly School of Folk Music (501c3) and our pursuit of continual community outreach and music educational excellence! For every $5 spent, 6 tickets will be placed in your name into the drawing. Ticket sales close at 11:59pm on October 13, drawings will take place soon after closing, and winners will be announced on our website, Facebook pages, and Instagram accounts.
Join the fun and help support the Friendly School of Folk Music!
#2 Kid Fun - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Packages from Top Cut Comics and Pumpkin Moon . $50+ value 6 tickets for $5
#3 Creativita & Little Artist Package - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
$25 gift certificate and artist mug from Creativita + a Little Artist supply basket from artist/teacher Tia Ascencio . $70 value . 6 tickets for $5
#4 Independent Music Store Package - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Gift certificates from Val's halla ($25) and The Old School Records ($100) + Thelonious Monk with Johnny Coltrane CD from Compact Disc, and we're throwin' in our local favorite Yellowhammers! $150 value 6 tickets for $5
#5 Lookingglass Certificate & LINES Book Club - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
$25 gift certificate to Lookingglass Bookstore + 6 copies of LINES for a book club with the author, Geralyn Hesslau Magrady (2016 Winner of the Soon to be Famous Illinois Author Project) $150 value 6 tickets for $5
#6 Date Nights - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Gift certificates for Fat Duck ($25) and Margaritas ($30) . 6 tickets for $5
#7 Todd & Holland Certificate and Tea - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
$25 gift certificate plus two 10oz bags of tea . $45 value . 6 tickets for $5
#8 The Alley Fitness Boxing Gym - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
1 month unlimited boxing at The Alley Fitness Boxing Gym $100 value 6 tickets for $5
#9 Escape Room for 2 - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Escape Room passes for 2 ($1.99 per pass will need to be paid by guest) $50 value 6 tickets for $5
#10 Dan's Bike Shop Helmet - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Bike Helmet from Dan's Bike Shop $45 value 6 tickets for $5
#11 Tele-Tron Ace - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
A Craftsman electric blower from Tele-Tron Ace Hardware $40 + Clover gift certificates $40 value 6 tickets for $5
#12 16th Street Theater - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Two Tickets for an upcoming show at the 16th Street Theater. $50 value 6 tickets for $5
#13 Wonderworks Membership Package - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
WonderWorks family membership! We've added some Boy Scout treats and a couple Brookfield Zoo passes, too! Kid friendly favorites! $100+ value 6 tickets for $5
#14 Escape Arcade Full Day passes for 6
Escape Arcade in Berwyn - 15 full day passes - great party idea! We've thrown in some Boy Scout treats, too! $225+ value . 6 tickets for $5
#15 CatVando Services - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
CatVando Services include one spay or neuter, rabies & distemper (fvrcp) vaccines and micro-chip for one cat by a qualified vet. Retail value $300 6 tickets for $5
#16 Brown Cow Package - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
Party package for up to 15 guests + two pies. $300+ value . 6 tickets for $5
#17 Friendly Favorites Package - Ticket of Choice - 6 Tickets
The Friendly Music Community brings two free music trial lessons, two free coffee coupons, two free Tap drink coupons, a Friendly Music Fest tee, and a one-of-a-kind wall hanging made by Hope Houses, Inc that says "I Pick Music" . $100+ value . 6 tickets for $5
Music makes a difference. Will you?
At the Friendly School of Folk Music, we believe that music education enriches people’s lives; however, we also understand the issue of fine arts budget cuts in traditional schools, as well as household budget cuts for our neighborhood residents. These realities make the Friendly music school more essential than ever before. As a 501c3 organization that is evolving beyond our current means, we acknowledge our own need for support FROM the community in order to SERVE the community in which we live and grow.
Music makes a difference. Will you?
Evolution and fundraising go hand in hand, so this coming October, the Friendly School of Folk Music will host its annual #FriendlyGivingDay campaign with two goals in mind: (1) RAISE AWARENESS of our school existence, community involvement and instructional excellence, and (2) RAISE FUNDS for outreach programs, financial student support, and operations.
Music makes a difference. Will you?
This is an exciting time for the entire Friendly Music Community as we embark on a new level of awareness and music appreciation. We hope you'll support the school in one or more of the following ways:
1. Share a testimonial! Write a few lines about your Friendly music school experience to share with those who don't know about us! One of our goals is to raise awareness, and YOUR words are important. Email your testimonial (as a simple note or attach a picture or video) to firstname.lastname@example.org (please write "Testimonial" in the subject box).
2. Be an official Friendly Volunteer! This is your opportunity to join our volunteer program at the grass roots level! Big stuff is in store for Giving Day and beyond! (Sign Up Genius -
2nd Annual #FriendlyGivingDay or email us at email@example.com)
3. Support the social media parade by sharing, commenting, and liking our posts.
Facebook- Friendly School of Folk Music
Twitter: Friendly School of Folk Music
4. Buy a wristband! Stop in the coffee lounge to purchase a Friendly wristband; then take/post an #UNSelfie pic with the following hashtags: #FriendlyGivingDay and #MusicMakesADifferenceWillYou
5. Donate items or services! We are looking for personal/business donations to include in our Ticket of Choice raffle. If you have an item or service you'd like to donate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Donate your time! We are looking for distribution teams to post our flyers in various locations within our community. Grab a friend or two and hit the pavement in a designated area! Contact email@example.com
7. Donate Funds! Monetary donations are accepted at any time, and participation during the 24-hour giving day period will encourage others to follow suit. Donate on FB HERE or our website HERE!
Music makes a difference. Will you? YES!!
If yes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay tuned for more details and fun incentives!