Django Group Guitar
Group Guitar - Adult Intermediate... Django 101
Starting: November 6
Duration: 4 weeks.
Date/Time: Mondays, 7:30pm
Location: FMC, Community Room
This is a group ensemble class, for intermediate level, (and above), guitar players to learn, explore and develop their understanding of the French Gypsy Jazz Guitarist, Django Reinhardt.
- have a basic understanding and ability to play guitar chords in multiple positions on the neck.
- be able to play guitar with a flat pick.
- possess and play an acoustic guitar, flat top, or archtop both OK.
- have some familiarity of the music of Django Reinhardt, and the Hot Club of France, even if just by listening.
- have heard Django Reinhart and the Quintette du Hot Club de France, and you would like to add playing in that style to your repertoire.
We will explore and develop the technique behind playing Gypsy Jazz in this style. We will also explore and understand the theory behind the compositions, and improvisation.
This class is primarily for the guitar player who has been playing for at least a few years. You may be playing in a band, or attending jam sessions with other musicians, or would like to start.
Musicians who play other instruments are welcome. These first 4 weeks will have discussion and learning about the style that can help all musicians. This first session will be geared primarily toward mechanics and technique for guitar players, some of it may apply to other instruments.
Additional levels will be offered as students progress. Students can move to different levels, or repeat the class depending on their comfort level.